Your room has been designed with your comfort and safety in mind. At the time of admission, your bed will have been allocated on the basis of clinical need and availability. We will always endeavour to accommodate you in a private room although occasionally, shared accommodation may be allocated.
- Visitors lounge
- Outdoor visitors’ area
- Air conditioning
- Flat screen
- TVBedside phones
- Pharmacy (for medications only)
- Visitor and disabled parking
- Public telephones
- Automatic Teller Machine (ATM)
Your hospital admission will be arranged by your doctor who will inform you of the day and time you need to come to hospital. On admission day, please go to the main reception desk located through the corridor of the main entrance. After your admission has been registered by our reception team, you will be transferred to an appropriate admission area. You will go directly from here to the operating theatre. If you are having day surgery, you will return to this area. If you are staying with us overnight or for a few days after your operation you will be transferred to your ward after surgery. You may be admitted to the hospital on the day prior to surgery if you Doctor believes this to be required.
Free onsite parking is available at the hospital for patients & visitors. Regular bus services operate along Mains Road, Sunnybank. Please request transport information and taxi services through reception.
Smoking is not permitted within our facility or within 5 meters of the hospital boundaries.
- Health fund card
- Medicare card
- Pharmaceutical entitlements card
- Pension care card
- Health care card
- Repatriation/Veterans' Affairs card
- If applicable, WorkCover or a Third Party Claim, including a letter from the insurance company accepting liability
- All current medication in their original packaging (no dosette boxes)
- Any current x-rays or scans
What not to bring:
- Large sums of money (additional to payment for out of pocket or Gap expenses)
- Other valuables
- Mobile phone
- Other electrical items
Discharge time is 10.00am (excluding day procedure patients who will be informed of their approximate discharge time on admission)
- You should arrange for someone to escort you home
- You must not drive a car for 24 hours following your operation, procedure or anaesthesia
- Check with your doctor or nurse about continuing medication, follow up appointments etc
- Please collect any x-rays or medications brought with you on admission
- Please proceed to main reception before you go home so that you can be discharged
Pastoral Care is available at your request and we do have regular visits each week from these support volunteers.
Should you require this service please contact the hospital prior to admission.