The Queensland Government has declared Greater Melbourne an Interstate Area of Concern from 11 May. Effective immediately we are banned from allowing anyone into our hospital if they have been in Greater Melbourne in the last 14 days, or since 11 May 2021, whichever period is shorter.
Anyone affected by these restrictions will, however, be permitted if they obtain a negative COVID-19 test result in Queensland.
The Local Government Areas included in the Greater Melbourne region are listed on the Victorian Government website: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-settings.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time
- Visiting hours 3:00pm - 8:00pm, with the exception of Day Surgery.
- Maternity Ward – visiting hours: 1500 to 2000hrs, partners welcome to stay overnight.
- Intensive Care Unit – Rest period between 12:00-15:00hrs with two (2) visitors permitted.
- Visitors must not have travelled overseas in the last 14 days, or be unwell and must complete Healthscope’s COVID-19 QR screening using QR codes displayed at all Hospital entry points.
We ask that visitors maintain social distancing, keeping 1.5m apart.
As part of the hospital COVID-Safe Plan, it is a requirement that all visitors and patients check in on arrival. This has been introduced as a COVID-19 Contact Tracing platform to streamline the screening process for ALL people entering our hospital. When you next attend our hospital you will be prompted to complete the online screening process via your mobile device prior to entry.
COVID Screening – Patients, Visitors and Contractors
In addition to completing the COVID-Safe Check-In, all patients, visitors and contractors will be required to meet our screening requirements prior to entry:
- Patients will continue to complete a comprehensive screening questionnaire on admission.
- Visitors and contractors will be asked a series of screening questions on arrival.
Your room has been designed with your comfort and safety in mind.
At the time of admission, your bed will have been allocated on the basis of clinical need and availability.
We will always endeavour to accommodate you in a private room although occasionally, shared accommodation may be allocated.
Free onsite parking is available at the hospital for patients and visitors. Regular bus services operate along Mains Road, Sunnybank.
Please request transport information and taxi services through reception.
Smoking is not permitted within our facility or within 5 meters of the hospital boundaries.
Bringing food for patients
There are certain risks involved when you, your family or friends bring food into hospital.
If you wish to bring food products into the hospital please talk to your nurse.